Header Ads Widget

Best Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo

Don’t miss out! Follow Herbsandoilsremedies on Facebook and Pinterest to stay up to date with new posts to bring more love and life into your home...This is a recipe for homemade coconut milk shampoo. I definitely want to give this a try.

I have always love the smell and taste of coconut milk, so why not use it in my hair and I have also been wanting to make my own homemade shampoo for a very long time now. 

After trying the "no poo" method of hair cleaning and I realize It's wasn't for me but on trying this awesome coconut milk shampoo i knew immediately, that is for me. I just got something to clean my hair with! and it's totally Homemade..



Best Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo
Also Read

50 Ways to Use Coconut Oil to Benefit your Life

How To Make Coconut Oil Deodorant

Ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut milk ( you can either make your own, or use store-bought)

1/3 cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)

1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil (I used olive oil)

10 to 20 drops your choice of essential oils (I used apple cinder vinegar.. :-)




Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo


Combine all ingredients in a shampoo bottle or jar and shake well to mix. (I bought the squeeze bottles above at the dollar store.) You can keep it in the shower for up to one month…just shake before use.

Instead, dilute the vinegar in a squeeze bottle and use it for rinse. Apply to head, work in, then rinse clean with water.

Vinegar neutralizes soap, turning the combo into salty water, basically. You didn't have a bad experience, presumably, because you only used a little bit.

For a pleasant experience, soak lavender or citrus peels in the vinegar, or add a few drop essential oil.

Once your hair dries, the vinegar smell will be gone, but the lavender or citrus will linger for a while.

Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo. (I used a little more, but my hair is pretty long right now!)

I love everything about this shampoo. It smelled good…it lathered up nicely…and after washing, rinsing and drying…my hair felt soft, smooth and beautiful.

Check this video For Visual Demonstration of Coconut Milk Shampoo

Post a Comment

0 Comments