Header Ads Widget

How to make sweet tea

Don’t miss out! Follow Herbsandoilsremedies on Facebook and Pinterest to stay up to date with new posts to bring more love and life into your home...This recipe  is for how to make  homemade sweet tea. I definitely want  you to give this a try. I have always love the smell and taste of  sweet tea..I am a Southern Woman... Southern women love their Sweet Tea...And... I have been told we make the BEST Sweet Tea in world! So today, I'm gonna let you in on my little secret. Follow this simple recipe to learn the secret behind that southern sweet tea.


How to make sweet tea

Ingredients -
5 - 8  Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags) 
                    ( I prefer  #1 Luzianne or  #2 Liptons Brand Teas.)
1 Quart  (4 Cups) - Boiling Water
3 Quarts (12 cups) - Cool Water
1 1/2 - 2 (one & a half) - Cups Sugar. 
1/4 teaspoon - Baking Soda (this IS the SECRET Ingredient!!)


Directions - 
1.  Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher (I use a gallon-size Mason Jar but many people have voiced concerns about pouring boiling water into a glass container, so use whatever container you'd like)
      Add Tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda,  
      Pour Boiling water over tea bags, 
      Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
                    ~*~
2.  Remove and toss out Tea Bags,
     Add Sugar and Stir until completely dissolved. 
     Add Cool Water.
     Refrigerate until cold and ready to drink.
                     ~*~
3.  Serve over ice, 
     Take a nice long sip.
     Swoon.
     Repeat. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments